Electrolyte Gastro®, a balanced solution effective for the prevention and treatment of dehydration due to diarrhea, vomiting or heavy sweating in adults and children.
Therapeutic Class (Gastroenterology):
Oral Rehydration Solutions
Instant Mix Powder
Orange & Tropical Punch
8 single-serving sachets per box
ORANGE AND TROPICAL PUNCH FLAVOURS
Medicinal Ingredients: Glucose, Sodium Acid Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride.
When dissolved in water, each sachet provides: Sodium (12.1 mEq); Chloride (12.0 mEq); Citrate (6.0 mEq); Potassium (4.0 mEq); Glucose (3.58 g); Calories (14.3).
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Orange Flavour, Sodium Saccharin. No artificial colouring.
Tropical Punch Flavour
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Tropical Punch Flavour, Sodium Saccharin. No artificial colouring.
- Restores body water and minerals lost in diarrhea, vomiting and/or heavy sweating.
- Oral rehydration drink for the management of mild or moderate diarrhea and correction of fluid and electrolyte loss in infants, children, and adults.
Dosage and Directions for Use:
- The following is a general guide.
- Health Care Professionals may provide different regimens.
- Each carton of 8 sachets provides 8 x 200 mL servings.
- Electrolyte Gastro® should be given in small, frequent and slowly administered amounts, until thirst is satisfied.
Above 13 years:
100–200 mL per kg (2.2 lbs) of body weight per 24 hours. For example, adults can typically drink 2 to 3.5 L depending on thirst.
Children 2 to 13 years old:
50–100 mL per kg (2.2 lbs) of body weight per 24 hours.
Children under 2 years old:
Consult a physician before use.
Simply dissolve the contents of 1 sachet in 200 mL of clean, preferably cool or cold drinking water, stir well and drink immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 72 hours (3 days). Dispose of any unused portion. Do not boil the solution.
Warnings and Precautions:
For oral administration only. Electrolyte Gastro® should never be ingested in its powder form.
Contact a Health Care Professional:
- Prior to use in children under 2 years old.
- If diarrhea persists beyond 24 hours and if diarrhea is accompanied by a persistent fever.
- Prior to use if symptoms of dehydration, vomiting or diarrhea are severe.
- Prior to or during treatment if the following symptoms occur puffy eyelids, dizziness, fast heartbeat, irritability, muscle twitching, restlessness, swelling of feet or lower legs, weakness, changes to blood pressure, bloody or mucus-like stools or seizure.
- Prior to use in frail patients of advanced age.
- Prior to use in patients with chronic illness (e.g., diabetes mellitus) at risk from secondary complications.
- Do not use if you have kidney problems, severe dehydration with symptoms of shock, diabetes mellitus in which blood sugar is difficult to regulate, the inability to drink, or a gastro-intestinal condition (e.g., intestinal obstruction, paralysis of the intestine or perforated bowel).
- If mild vomiting occurs at the beginning of oral therapy, stop the therapy for 10 minutes and then continue to slowly administer the solution in small amounts.
- If you have any unexpected side effects while taking Electrolyte Gastro®, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Store box and sachets at room temperature in a dry place.
For more information, visit www.electrolytegastro.com.
Electrolyte Gastro® is a registered trademark of Pharmascience Inc.
These products may not be suitable for everyone. Read the labels and follow the directions of use.
For additional information, contact us at 1-877-595-2293 or by email at email@example.com.
This website is intended for educational purposes only and is in no way intended to substitute for professional medical advice, to contradict medical advice given, or to provide medical care of any kind.
To be sure this product is suitable for you, always read and follow the label. As with any medication, speak to your doctor before using.