Star Anise Oil (Illicium Verum) 15%
Medicinal Ingredient: Star Anise Oil (Illicium Verum) (Flowering Plant) 15%.
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride (Fractionated Coconut Oil), Cananga Odorata (Ylang-Ylang) Flower Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol.
- ZAP® is a complete head lice treatment.
- Each box of ZAP® contains a spray-on lotion and a rigid fine-toothed comb, specially designed to remove lice and their eggs.
- Lice cannot develop resistance to ZAP®, as it has a non-chemical mode of action.
Directions for Use:
- Please refer to the leaflet enclosed in the ZAP box for complete directions for use.
- Check for the presence of head lice.
- Use the ZAP® comb to check for the presence of head lice.
- Ensure that you perform the check in good light as lice can be difficult to see.
- Check and treat each member of the household at the same time to avoid the possibility of re-infestation.
- Apply ZAP®.
- Carefully spray ZAP® all over the hair until it is lightly wet.
- Massage the lotion into the hair and scalp for a minute or so to ensure they are completely covered by the lotion.
- Leave the lotion on for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash the hair as normal.
- Remove the lice and eggs.
- Before drying the hair, systematically divide the hair into small sections and use the ZAP® comb to remove the lice and eggs.
- Start to comb each section right at the scalp and move the comb along the hair right to the ends.
- After combing each section of hair, wipe all the debris with a tissue.
As it is difficult to remove all the eggs with the first treatment, a second application is necessary after 9 days as any remaining eggs will have hatched into lice. Repeat Steps 2-4, nine days after the first treatment.
Cautions and special precautions:
Do not use this product on:
- People allergic to any of the ingredients
- Children under 2 years of age
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have a pre-existing scalp condition.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice on using this product during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not spray into the eyes, nose or mouth; if you should happen to do so, wash the affected parts with warm water.
- Some people may experience a mild burning or itching sensation upon application of this product due to the contact of alcohol to irritated skin. Discontinue use if the irritation persists or worsens after the product is washed out.
For external use only. Keep out of the reach of children.
ZAP® contains a flammable ingredient. Do not use near or spray onto open flames, any source of heat, electrical appliances, or flammable materials. Do not smoke while using this product.
Store at room temperature (15°C to 30°C).
For more information, visit www.zaplicenotkids.com
ZAP® is a registered trademark of Pharmascience Inc.
These products may not be suitable for everyone. Read the labels and follow the directions of use.
This website is intended for educational purposes only and is in no way intended to substitute for professional medical advice, to contradict medical advice given, or to provide medical care of any kind.
To be sure this product is suitable for you, always read and follow the label. As with any medication, speak to your doctor before using.